My name is Josh Blum (pronounced bloom). I am 30 years old, and live in Northern California. I hold a masters degree in EE from the Johns Hopkins University. Here is my resume as of January 12th, 2010.
I am an excellent computer programmer. I know C/C++ programming, and I am familiar with parallel programming in MPI. Python is my favorite language, I try to do most of my work in Python. I am also very familiar with FPGA's and the hardware description language, VHDL.
I have been working at Ettus Research since January 2009. Here is a list of various things I do (NDA safe):
- Bring-up and firmware development for software radios
- Automated testing and calibration for new hardware
- Work on various gnuradio components like wxgui and usrp2
- Design and schematics for new radios in the mix
- URL: AmericanFlyerTrains.com
- Payment Gateway: First Data
- Features: Shopping cart, shipping calculator, inventory management.
Things that I Like
- Using the SpotBot (the secret is to put a little Resolve Powder on the stain, and just fill the canister with water, the cleaning solution is overpriced anyway)
- Fixing things
- Gorilla glue
- Home gardening